[hpsdr] Metis Delivery Stats

Andrea Montefusco andrea.montefusco at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 15:07:30 PST 2011

On 02/26/2011 02:58 PM, AA8K73 GMail wrote:

> If you choose a FOFS shipment procedure,
> do you use the HamSDR TAPR page, or the
> TAPR.org page to choose sequence? After
> all, the group support for Metis started
> at HamSDR.

I think that TAPR.org page has to be anyway kept as reference.
After all, filling in this page, I commit myself to pay.

> If you give no order preference, then we
> can relax and casually order. This is
> not eBay, we are doing a group purchase
> using TAPR's volunteers who are helping
> to advance technology.

True, but I didn't requested this. TAPR people can take all time they need.
By the way, it is an idea; TAPR could open a virtual shop on eBay.

> I remember when one of the HPDSR boards
> was shipped first to the most distant
> locations in an attempt to equalize the
> arrival to everyone. That was a mess.

This is very different than a first arrived, first served.

> If I was a volunteer in the shipping group
> and looking at making, say 400 shipments,
> I would try to ship the fastest ones to
> process first, followed by the ones that
> required the extra handling and paperwork
> for customs forms.

After thousand  cards sold around the world, I think that TAPR volunteers should have worked out all
of this paperwork already.
Moreover , the countries are more or less always the same, therefore the rules are the same.

         *am*