[hpsdr] Heterodyne v0.1.0.015 Released

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Mar 4 16:11:38 PST 2011

I am pleased to announce Heterodyne v0.1.0.015 has been uploaded to my website at the customary place:

http://www.nh6z.net/Heterodyne/Heterodyne.zip

or it has been added to the updates for Heterodyne.  MacHPSDR users will have to manually update at this time if they want to play.

The new version includes further changes to the driver system and implementation of an Ozy driver alongside a Metis driver.  This should allow the same binary to be used for either the old school USB systems or the new ethernet based ones.  I'm not ready to write up driver documentation yet, as I'm not sure the interface is stable enough to do so.  If you're really hot to experiment with it, you can always use the two drivers in the repository as an example.

This release also brings a fairly stable version of system audio output the the program.  System audio allows you to use your computer's speakers in addition to Mercury's outputs for your audio.  This can allow you to use a program such as SoundFlower to redirect the output from Heterodyne to a program such as cocoaModem, or merely to listen on your computer speakers instead.   There will be further enhancements of the system audio system to allow for more flexibility in output destinations, system input processing, and support for audio units.

As always, I've tested things as much as I can, but I'm sure there are numerous bugs and idiotic things that I've done in the code.  Feel free to report them on Lighthouse so that I can keep track of them.  The Lighthouse page for ticketing is at http://mcdermj.lighthouseapp.com.  Also note that if you're interested, Lighthouse has an RSS feed that you can keep track of all of the commits I make to the Heterodyne/MacHPSDR repositories.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com