[hpsdr] Metis rocks!

Richard Stasiak richardstasiak at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 06:53:23 PDT 2011

I've playing with Metis since I received it on Friday. As usual, it is a great work of hardware and software art.  It is going to be fun running the hardware remotely. A great big thank you to all who were involved, for all of the hard work that went into it's development, production, testing and distribution.

Some notes that may help others:

I wasn't paying attention to the location of all the info on the Metis related software and it took me a while to figure out that it is all nicely summarized on the download page of openhpsdr.org/download site rather than being in the wiki.

I also had trouble with discovering Metis on a mac PC running XP in bootcamp.  I finally disabled the two of the three adaptors and things started to play.

The Mac OS version of the Metis programmer would not start for me on a intel Mac running v10.6.  It aborted with a message saying the program would not run on this machine.  I am not sure what the problem is.
I ended up loading the latest Metis code using a windows machine.

73

Rick ve3mm