[hpsdr] dual mercury - diversity19 / osczillations

Georg Prinz getpri at t-online.de
Mon Mar 14 11:32:26 PDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

after installing and operating Metis successfully  for several days I
encountered following behaviour:

On any band, I realized that during reception every 5 to 6 seconds the
noise floor raised more or less 40dB for a short moment. It sounds like
a "blopp". After I changed the view to "SCOPE", a clear short burst can
be seen. It starts with 0 amplitude and rises to a certain amount (it is
like a lying triangle) and ends with short burst with a high aplitude. A
clear self-oszillation.

Did anybody encounter a similar behaviour?
How can I downtrack the reason and solve the problem?
My system is win7 x64bit. Dual mercury with diversity19 PowerSDR software.
This behaviour is the same, when disconnecting the antenna and load the
input with 50Ohm on both cards.
I also tried different slots for mercury. No change.

Vy 73, georg - dl2kp