[hpsdr] Atlas bus lines C29 and C31

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Mar 20 14:59:51 PDT 2011

Phil and ALL,

I have been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out why I
cannot use the C29 and C31 Atlas bus lines between Metis and Mercury
and tracked the problem down to what appears to be a fundamental
problem with the Atlas board itself.

I have three Atlas boards, two assembled and tested and one new
unassembled;  all three show NO CONNECTIVITY between the connectors
for both the C29 and C31 bus lines.

I believe this could be a design/fabrication fault with the Atlas
board generally.  If that's so, it's interesting that no one noticed
it before now.  If all Atlas boards don't show this fault  I sure need
to know it!!

If you have a chance, please check continuity between the Atlas
connectors for bus lines C29 and C31 and let me know if this is true
for your Atlas boards too.

Thanks,

73,  Joe K5SO