[hpsdr] Atlas bus lines C29 and C31

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Mar 20 15:56:36 PDT 2011

All,

Relax.  As Joe K1RQG points out to me, from the Atlas documentation it
seems that C29 and C31 have been made intentionally different from
most bus lines, for some reason.

However, this mean that the communications specification that we
currently have for comm lines between Ozy/Magister/Metis and Mercury
is invalid, as C29 and C31 fall in the middle of the 8-line comm spec
that exists for that specification.

In Metis v1.1 and Ozy 6.3 I avoided use of the C29 and C31 lines and
used A6 and A4 instead for those two sets of firmware.

It occurs to me that the two "missing" data lines (C29 and C31) of the
8-line comm spec could easily be the reason were earlier were plagued
with strange audio "popping" phenomena.  Lately many of the apps run
using only a single NWire communication between the boards so the
"missing" lines weren't important, until you try to use one of them
for the NWire comm, hihi.

Sorry to put out a general alert but it sure looked like one was
warranted to me at the time.

73,  Joe K5SO

Begin forwarded message: