[hpsdr] two Metis arrived, both run very nicely

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Tue Mar 22 13:33:26 PDT 2011

Hi all

Today, two Metis arrived from TAPR. I am very happy to tell, that I
could run both (I am using fixed IP-addresses) with powerSdr from W5WC.

I will next try, to attach my own DSPprogram (which uses Smalltalk for
the user interface and C for the DSP-Routines) to Metis. Currently, I
use Magister with a modified server.exe from John Melton. This has been
possible, since this great project HPSDR is fully open source!

I thank all, that have contributed to this great new component Metis
(especially Phil Harman and John Melton) for this very successfull
project HPSDR.

The amount of amateurs using SDR is quite substatially increasing, as I
notice in my QSOs.

vy 73, HB9EPU, Alfred