[hpsdr] two Metis arrived, both run very nicely

John Melton john.d.melton at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 22 14:14:30 PDT 2011

Hi Alfred,

just a warning about running 2 Metis cards on a network.

The released Metis code remembers the IP adddress and port when it
receives a Discovery packet and sends all subsequent packets to that
address.  With 2 Metis cards this will change the address that packets
are being sent to for a card that has received a start command.

Phil has sent me a version of the Metis FPGA code that resolves this by
not remembering the IP and port from a Discovery packet if the Metis
card is already sending data (i.e. has received a start command).

Not sure if this is the version that is on the download page or is in
the svn yet.

-- John g0orx/n6lyt