[hpsdr] Flynn 1.0.0.001 Release

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Thu Mar 24 19:20:18 PDT 2011

It's finally cooked and I'm happy enough with it to do a 1.0 release.

For those of you that may have missed it, Flynn is an alternative to the HPSDRProgrammer application for the Mac.  It's compiled so it will work on MacOS 10.5 and above on Intel processors.  Flynn is designed to be simple and easy to use, sacrificing some flexibility and portability in the process.  Flynn is only designed to interface with Metis in "bootloader" mode, and therefore you will have to place JP1 on Metis for it to function.  Also note that the hardware requirements for programming boards is the same as HPSDRProgrammer:  Metis must be in the slot furthest from the power supply connector and the target board must be immediately adjacent to Metis with the "Last JTAG" jumper set.

A binary distribution is available at:

http://www.nh6z.net/Heterodyne/Flynn.zip

This will always point to the latest version of Flynn.  The source is available on my SVN at:

https://www.xenotropic.com/ham-svn/Flynn

This release should be fairly stable and work correctly.  If it crashes or does other nastiness for you, please feel free to let me know.  I can't fix issues that I don't know about.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com