[hpsdr] Fwd: Re: Mercury-EU

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Wed Mar 30 11:15:56 PDT 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Mercury-EU
Date: 	Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:52:46 +0200
From: 	wully <wully at bluewin.ch>
To: 	phil at pharman.org, hpsdr at openhpsdr.org

Hi Phil

I have looked into the programming of mercury-EU more closely, since I
have one Mercury-EU and one Tapr-Mercury, which I use both together in
Diversity mode. As mentioned in an earulier post (yesterday), the
diversity config runs ok with Ozy, but does not run correctely with
Metis. I forgot to mention the versions of the firmware:

Metis: 1.0
Mercury both: 63 (version from Joe Martin)
Penelope: 1.2

Do I need other versions for successful running with  Metis and do these
also run with Ozy? (I would like to have both as alternatives).

I have built the version 63 for mercury-EU starting from joe's code. It
seems, that the mercury-EU has a very different pinout of the FPGA, but
in other respects it runs with the same code as tapr-mercury

Find enclosed the code (.qar-File), that I used with Quartus 9.2 to
build the mercury-EU version.

73, Alfred, HB9EPU

Attachment removed