[hpsdr] Fwd: Re: Mercury-EU

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Wed Mar 30 12:39:23 PDT 2011

You need to be running Metis v1.1 to run multiple receivers.

73 de Joe K1RQG

In a message dated 3/30/2011 1:24:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
wully at bluewin.ch writes:

*****  High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List  *****

-------- Original Message --------     Subject:  Re: Mercury-EU  Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:52:46 +0200  From:  wully _<wully at bluewin.ch>_
(mailto:wully at bluewin.ch)   To:  _phil at pharman.org_ (mailto:phil at pharman.org) ,
_hpsdr at openhpsdr.org_ (mailto:hpsdr at openhpsdr.org)

Hi Phil

I have looked into the programming of mercury-EU more closely, since I

have one Mercury-EU and one Tapr-Mercury, which I use both together in

Diversity mode. As mentioned in an earulier post (yesterday), the

diversity config runs ok with Ozy, but does not run correctely with

Metis. I forgot to mention the versions of the firmware:

Metis: 1.0

Mercury both: 63 (version from Joe Martin)

Penelope: 1.2

Do I need other versions for successful running with  Metis and do these

also run with Ozy? (I would like to have both as alternatives).

I have built the version 63 for mercury-EU starting from joe's code. It

seems, that the mercury-EU has a very different pinout of the FPGA, but

in other respects it runs with the same code as tapr-mercury

Find enclosed the code (.qar-File), that I used with Quartus 9.2 to

build the mercury-EU version.

73, Alfred, HB9EPU

Attachment removed

HPSDR  Discussion List