[hpsdr] FMT differences between Magister and Metis?

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Mar 4 18:58:40 PST 2011

Hi Ron,

I can't think of any obvious way that Metis and Ozy/Magister can have an
effect on the receive frequency.

Both send a 32 bit word to the CORDIC on Mercury.  If we were dropping some
of the lower 32 bits when using Metis then I would have expected the
frequency error to be 2^n based which it is not.  I guess we could be
altering the bits in some manner but that would be odd this late in the
development.

The rate that  Metis or Ozy/Magister sends data to the PC is determined by
the 122.88MHz clock on Mercury since neither boards have any timing
knowledge.

If you could please describe in a little more detail how you are measuring
the frequency error then perhaps I can reproduce it here.

73 Phil...VK6APH