[hpsdr] FMT differences between Magister and Metis?

Ron Mozer ron at wy3d.org
Sat Mar 5 10:42:56 PST 2011

Hello Phil,

Clearly you are the wizzard, and I think it may be just the luck of the
draw depending on variable things like propagation for which I have no
controls.  Although I ran it several times last night with results
appearing to be related to the board, today they seem to be the same.

I am using the K1JT FMT that is part of the WSPR package.  Please see
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wspr.html .  All I am doing is
running the FMT program, stopping PowerSDR, swapping between Magister
and Metis, powering up again and repeating.

I'll see if I can get some more empirical results with better controls.
I'm just a piker when it comes to trying to zero in on an unknown
frequency with sub Hz resolution, but I'm learning....

Thanks,
Ron