[hpsdr] Diversity 19

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Mar 8 07:00:22 PST 2011

Hi Gerd,

1)   The complete project is contained within the *.qar file that
downloads from the site.  To generate the files, unzip the download
file, then simply double click on the file icon and Quartus II will
come up, then select to "restore the project" and Quartus II will re-
create all the files for you.  The archive file takes MUCH less space,
and time to upload/download than an un-archived project.

2)  Yes, you are correct, MDOUT 4...7 is eliminated.  Those Atlas bus
lines are now used to pass Mercury firmware version numbers and ADC
overload signals for four Mercury boards to Ozy/Magister/Metis.  Four
multiple receivers/multiple Mercury boards are supported now, not eight.

3)  I have placed the modified Atlas Bus Pin Definitions on my website
at this link on the webpage:

Atlas bus pin assignments used for multiple Mercury board operations
(12 KB) .

I think Phil will be updating the official pin definition file and
posting it shortly if he hasn't already done so.

73,  Joe K5SO