[hpsdr] PowerSDR v1.19.3.3.diversity19 (K5SO 6MAR2011)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Mar 9 10:01:08 PST 2011

Kurt,

I have checked out the LINE IN functionality of the program and it
appears to work fine.  Perhaps some mis-understanding exists as to how
the LINE IN option actually functions.

As you know, the implementation is for only the left audio channel for
LINE IN since we are not stereo in transmit.

With regard to your previous modifications in initozy11.bat being
inoperative, note that beginning with PowerSDR v1.19.3.3 no I2C
commands are passed to the TLV320 via initozy11 anymore.   All I2C
commands to the TLV320 are passed by the PSDR program instead, as Doug
W5WC commented in his earlier post.  That's why your previously
modified I2C commands in initozy11.bat no longer work for you.

Here's what I learned about LINE IN by examining the code:

1)  LINE IN is selected on the Setup > Transmit  menu in the Mic box,
as you already know.

2) The Max: and Min: combo boxes in the Mic box allow you to set the
upper limit (Max:) value of the MIC slider control that is located on
the front panel (this slider control is your gain/attenuation control
for both microphone and LINE IN) and, independently, the lower limit
(Min:) value of the slider control.

3)  By setting the lower limit (Min:) value to something negative (say
-40) the front panel MIC slider will be able to put up to 40 dB of
attenuation on the LINE IN path when the slider is full left.

If Min: value is set to 0, then the slider control cannot put any
attenuation in the path, it can only put gain;  similarly, if the Max:
value is set to its lowest value of 1, then the slider cannot put any
gain on the line greater than 1dB.  For full range of attenuation and
gain for the slider you may set Min: to -40 and Max: to 70 but those
values are extreme, of course, and you probably don't wish to have
that much range for the slider control since doing so makes small
changes difficult to set.

These Max: and Min: menu controls are new for HPSDR PSDR and perhaps
their functions and versatility are not yet fully appreciated by all
of us, hihi;  they were not understood by me, for sure, until I
examined things carefully.  The Max:/Min: controls provide a huge
amount of adjustability with regard to attenuation and gain that you
can set for LINE IN, in fact, and allow you to tailor things to suit
levels associated with your external equipment.

I hope this explanation helps you get your system working as you
wish.  If I didn't address your question adequately please ask again
and I'll try to understand better what your problem may be.

73,  Joe K5SO