[hpsdr] PowerSDR v1.19.3.3.diversity19 (K5SO 6MAR2011)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Mar 10 07:56:24 PST 2011

Kurt and all,

You are correct that the 20 dB Boost checkbox is not available in LINE
IN mode.  The 20 dB BOOST check box is for mic input only, not the
LINE IN path.

Now, that's no problem at all as you can easily set your LINE IN path
to provide 20 dB boost if you wish.

Do this:

1)  In Setup > Transmit > in Mic box set Max: 30 and Min: 0, select
LINE IN

This will set the range of your MIC slider control on the front panel
for a minimum of 0 dB (no gain, no attenuation) and the maximum of the
slider to 30 dB gain.

2)  Set the front panel slider to indicate 20 (20 dB gain).

3)  Now if you put a 2 V pk-pk audio signal (0.707 V RMS) at 1 KHz on
pin 2 of the DB-25 connector on Penny, you will obtain full rf power
out to the output level at which you have your Drive setting set.

To answer your question of how I check out the LINE IN functionality,
I use an oscilloscope to monitor the audio level at pin 2 of the DB-25
connector on Penny and simultaneously monitor the rf power output of
Penny.

This should fix you up.

 From Tokio's message to Phil today it appears he, too, is having some
trouble understanding how things are now set up.  When using Metis,
PowerSDR does NOT use any I2C commands from initozy11.bat...in fact,
there are now no I2C commands in that file any more.  Tokio, if you
read this, please refer to my posting yesterday explaining how this
work with LINE IN in the latest software.  If you need more
explanation contact me and I'll be happy to explain further for you.

Let me know how you fare, Kurt.

73,  Joe K5SO