[hpsdr] Receiver Preselector for HPSDR?

Tom Cathey k1jj at comcast.net
Sun Mar 13 09:54:37 PDT 2011

I would like to add a preselector to my Mercury receiver(s) for
experimentation. Mercury works FB as-is, but what the heck... :-)    I was
sent the link below that has a neat little "Tiny SCR Preselector." It can be
HPSDR controlled via USB,  costs about 120 British Pounds, in kit form. It
covers 160-10M, no 6M.   Is this an optimum design for Mercury?

http://www.herostechnology.co.uk/pages/products.html

Are there any plans to add something like this to the HPSDR line in the near
future? I heard there was talk of it.  I want to see if I should hold off
for something better.

Thanks.

Tom, K1JJ