[hpsdr] Receiver Preselector for HPSDR?

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Sun Mar 13 10:04:32 PDT 2011

Tom

ALEX may be another option for you. it is designed to interface directly
with
HPSDR.

_http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=ALEXIARES_
(http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=ALEXIARES)

73 de Joe
K1RQG

In a message dated 3/13/2011 11:53:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
k1jj at comcast.net writes:

*****  High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****

I would like to add a  preselector to my Mercury receiver(s) for
experimentation. Mercury  works FB as-is, but what the heck... :-)    I was sent the
link  below that has a neat little "Tiny SCR Preselector." It can be HPSDR
controlled via USB,  costs about 120 British Pounds, in kit  form. It covers
160-10M, no 6M.   Is this an optimum design for  Mercury?

_http://www.herostechnology.co.uk/pages/products.html_
(http://www.herostechnology.co.uk/pages/products.html)

Are there any plans to add something like  this to the HPSDR line in the
near future? I heard there was talk of it.   I want to see if I should hold
off for something better.

Thanks.

Tom,  K1JJ

HPSDR  Discussion List