[hpsdr] coherent dual mercury receivers

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 16:11:01 PDT 2011

>> After examining some of the documents available on the web regarding more sophisticated GPS receivers I see that it is indeed possible to obtain higher 1PPS accuracy than 1 uSec with some receivers but that the accuracy greatly depends upon the particular GPS receiver that is being used.

Today, right now for $59 (quantity one) you can buy a brand new GPS
from Synergy with very good specs .  This is the most current version
of the Motorola Oncore MT12T.   The 1-Sigma error in the PPS signal is
10ns but if you apply a correction that is sent from the serial port
the error goes to 2ns (1 Sigma)    You will also need a 3V power
supply and an antenna, cables and so on.

http://www.synergy-gps.com/images/stories/pdf/m12mt_brochure.pdf