[hpsdr] programming penelope via METIS - fails

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Fri Mar 18 06:54:52 PDT 2011

On Mar 18, 2011, at 1:48 AM, Georg Prinz wrote:

> Hello Joe,
>
> under win7 x64 I am able to update mercury via Metis. For Penlope I
> succeeded with OZY, only. But, I am not able to run PowerSDR with OZY.
> Metis works fine.
>
> Georg, dl2kp

Hi Georg,

When running Ozy with PowerSDR keep in mind that each executable PSDR
version has its own, distinct, Ozy_Janus.rbf file that contains the
FPGA code for Ozy that may, or may not, work with other PSDR versions
depending upon the version.  The Ozy_Janus.rbf file that loads FPGA
code into Ozy may be quite different for one version of PSDR from that
which gets loaded with other PSDR versions.  Therefore it is important
that you run the PSDR executable from the distribution folder that it
came with since that distribution folder contains the proper
Ozy_Janus.rbf file for it.

Further, you must power cycle the Atlas bus if you switch from a non-
diversity PSDR version and a diversity PSDR version so that the proper
Ozy_Janus.rbf file will reload and put the proper FPGA code into Ozy
at PSDR startup.

When diversity-PSDR is run with Ozy, make sure you select Setup >
Hardware Config > Connection Type "Ozy"  (not Metis), then PSDR should
run fine and report Ozy v6.3 in Setup > HPSDR > Firmware Versions.

Joe K5SO