[hpsdr] Flynn

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Wed Mar 23 11:41:50 PDT 2011

On Mar 23, 2011, at 8:54 AM, Bill Tracey wrote:

> To do the same for Metis would be a *lot of work* .... you'd have to do a windows device driver that appeared to be a USB device (an Altera USB Blaster)  to the Altera programmer code but then talked to Metis via the Ethernet.  This would be a trival amount of work ... don't think we have too many folks on the crew fond of writing Windows device drivers.

I would think this would be nigh impossible.  You'd have to be sending out Ethernet packets and waiting on them all in kernel mode while others waited.  It would probably be an incredibly complex driver.

Of course, as soon as I say this some incredibly intrepid soul will set out to prove the conceited Mac user wrong and come up with one.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com