[hpsdr] Yaesu Amp

Tom Cathey k1jj at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 09:25:21 PDT 2011

Steve,

I'm building one up right now, except with the 1000D PA unit and LP filters.
Here's a thread with pictures of an FT-1000D PA unit and LP filters I will
be using with the HPSDR.  The only thing I am still missing is the LP board
control unit that takes signals from Penny to the LP filters to switch
bands.  The board got lost in the US mail and I'm currently dead in the
water on that part.

Other than that, the unit should be ready to fire up soon.

BTW, I've found the 1000D 200w PA unit to be VERY clean at about 40W pep
out. (-40db 3rd)    At 200W, it is down around -32db.   I only need about
40W drive for the tube amp, so it will complement Penny's clean output.
(Penny is much cleaner, however)   I have no info on the 100w  Mark V Yaesu
PA.

The amplifier unit will have full swr and current protection using an
outboard shutdown board.  10mW in  = 200w pep out.

Pictures and thread:
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=26978.msg207546;topicseen#msg20754
6

The SWR / PA current overload shut down board kit and info to order it is
here:
http://www.classeradio.com/parts.htm

  _____