[hpsdr] Yaesu Amp

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Mon Mar 28 10:02:30 PDT 2011

Steve

Yes, I have been using the PA/LP filter brick from a discarded FT-747 for a
 number of years.
First with an SDR-1000 (original 3 board system 2003 era), and since
Penelope and the rest
have been available it has been in service ever since. I use this as my
primary rig, but some
things to be aware of. No 6 meters unless you modify the 10 meter LPF and
then very little
drive available. I have since forgotten what it was, but not very  useful.

Be very careful where, when and how you apply drive to the module as it
only takes a few
milliwatts to drive it. I use a 20 db attenuator right on the output of
Peny, or you can disable
the final PA on Peny and take the drive from pin 1 & 3 of JP2 if you
retain the onboard filter.

I also employ the T/R switching on the brick, so no need for additional
relays. You will need
a way to source drive the LPF and you can use a neat circuit that WW2R
devised.

_http://g4fre.com/hpsdr_high_side.pdf_
(http://g4fre.com/hpsdr_high_side.pdf)

Good luck

73 de Joe K1RQG

In a message dated 3/28/2011 10:48:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,