[hpsdr] Heterodyne

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Mar 28 18:00:30 PDT 2011

Ugh.  I didn't mean to hit send quite yet on that one...

On Mar 28, 2011, at 5:54 PM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2011, at 3:02 PM, Mark Amos wrote:

>> Jeremy
>>
>> Thanks for developing Heterodyne - works great!
>>
>> I tried to hook up to your SVN using Xcode and get an "Error validating server certificate for 'https://www.xenotropic.com:443': - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority."
>>
>> I've just this week brought up the Mac and don't have much experience with Xcode, so it's probably something I'm doing wrong.  Can you point me in the right direction?
>
> As Berndt said, that warning is normal.  I have a self-signed certificate on that site because I'm too cheap to pay for a real one.  You should just be able to trust the cert and it should work.
>
> I don't use Xcode for my SVN client, so I'm not familiar with the dialog box.

In most of them, there's a "view certificate" option where you can go and actually accept the certificate.

In the alternative, what you should be able to do us view the URL using Safari and accept the certificate there.  It will store it in your keychain which Xcode should pick up on.

For reference, I use "Version" as my SVN client:  www.versionsapp.com

It's a pay app, but I use it often enough that it's well worth it.  There's a 30-day trial too if you just want to use it to get a good checkout.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com