[hpsdr] Metis runs nicely

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Mar 30 04:03:36 PDT 2011

Hi Wully,

Very pleased to hear that your Metis board is working OK.

Re:

> 2) my TRX near Zürich uses Penelope mic input, no boost. In the
> Ozy-implementation I have used I2C-writes to start the TLV320, but with
> Metis, this is automatic. I have noticed, that in the spec 1.30 for
> USB-data there is a new command byte
> 0001 001x to control this, but It seems that this is only necessary, when
> one is not using the default mic, no boost.

This command is used with Metis to select the Line-in on Penelope or
PennyLane,
or to turn the mic boost on or off.

For Ozy this is not required since it is done via the I2C.

I have included I2C within Metis but it is not currently accessible from the
PC.
I can add this if required in a future release.

73 Phil...VK6APH