[hpsdr] Metis functionality

Chuck charlesh3 at msn.com
Sun May 15 20:46:13 PDT 2011

Several years ago, I bought Mercury-Janus-Ozy as at the time there was
supposed to be support for recording entire bands (.5 or 1 MHZ or more)
via the PC. It turned out that such a wide bandwidth was not possible.

I've not followed HPSDR in the meantime, but it seems from a few recent
messages that Metis was introduced to overcome the bandwidth problem.

Unforturtunately, the Metis documentation tells me that it supports 100
/ Gigabit Ethernet (and tells me how it was implemented) but it does not
speak from a functionality point of view but rather an implementation
point of view.

So: what data is being carried through Metis? Is there support at the PC
end to store IQ files for later analysis? What are the limits of the
bandwidth that Mercury / Metis can provide? Is the decimation FPGA
controllable enough that I can choose what decimation I prefer? Does
PowerSDR support the playback of archived IQ files?

Chuck