[hpsdr] PowerSDR Diversity

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon May 16 06:59:19 PDT 2011

Yes, Jeremy is correct; if diversity operation is what you're after
you will need to use at least two Mercury boards each with it's own
independent rf input source.  A single Mercury board will not permit
diversity operations for the reasons Jeremy noted, namely that there
needs to be two independent IQ streams for diversity operation.
Further, the two Mercury receivers must be operated coherently, as
detailed on my website www.k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.

In my message to Dan I was addressing his specific question of how/
whether multiple receivers can be operated using a single Mercury
board with the PowerSDR v1.19.3.4.diversity20 program, which they
can...but not in diversity mode, of course.

73,  Joe K5SO