[hpsdr] Metis

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun May 8 17:59:57 PDT 2011

Hi Bob,

Nice to hear from you and even more so that you are using Metis with your
code.

Basically the wide band scope code grabs 4096 consecutive 16 bit raw
samples from Mercury and stores them in a FIFO on Metis.

So all you need to do is to keep reading from Metis until you have 4096
words and then process them. In which case you are spot on.

Not sure what you mean by frequency of the data. The raw samples are at
122.88MHz and the data rate from the Metis FIFO is either limited by the
Ethernet connection or as fast as your PC can grab them :)

Metis wont request more samples from Mercury until its FIFO is empty so to
keep things simple I did not think it necessary to include a sequence
number.  It seems to work just fine this way in KISS Konsole.

Hope that helps.

73 Phil...VK6APH