[hpsdr] Metis

Bob Cowdery bob at bobcowdery.plus.com
Mon May 9 01:09:17 PDT 2011

Hi Phil

Yes, I'm still managing to squeeze in some development. As usual I've
gone off on another slightly experimental path but more on that when I
get a bit further.

Regards
Bob

On 09/05/2011 01:59, Phil Harman wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
> Nice to hear from you and even more so that you are using Metis with your
> code.
>
> Basically the wide band scope code grabs 4096 consecutive 16 bit raw
> samples from Mercury and stores them in a FIFO on Metis.
>
> So all you need to do is to keep reading from Metis until you have 4096
> words and then process them. In which case you are spot on.
Would I be right in thinking then that an EP4 frame after an EP6 frame
is the first frame of bandscope data and then 7 more frames will follow
consecutively without and intervening EP6 frames.
> Not sure what you mean by frequency of the data. The raw samples are at
> 122.88MHz and the data rate from the Metis FIFO is either limited by the
> Ethernet connection or as fast as your PC can grab them :)
With the DSP panadaper data I request it on a timeframe that I think
gives the appearance of a continuous display, say 100ms so reducing the
load on the CPU to the minimum necessary. This data is sent regardless
but I guess I can time it to see what the period is.