[hpsdr] ozy/janus as soundcard for digital modes

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Wed Nov 2 05:16:02 PDT 2011

The radio just has a direct audio in and out on its data port, I'm sure it's
analog.
I think I can receive properly just by plugging into Janus, running
PowerSDR, and using VAC to Mixw. However the PowerSDR display doesn't look
like what I would expect so I believe I'm not at the frequency I think I am.
I'm not getting any audio out on transmit, but hey, I just started figuring
this out!

I've just completed a Softrock, so before I get any farther I'm going to get
it hooked up to Janus and learn how PowerSDR works before I continue on.

Once I have a better understanding of what PowerSDR is doing I'll get back
to seeing if I can set it up to just be a shim between Janus and MixW.
Hopefully by Christmas I'll have the spare cash to get Mercury and Alex to
go with my Penelope and Pennywhistle. Then the TS-480 can go back out to the
car.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
N4IK