[hpsdr] penny/pennywhistle

Geoff vk2tfg at ozemail.com.au
Sat Nov 5 00:14:25 PDT 2011

Hi guys,

	I am presently trying to get my completed Rx/Tx setup going. On Tx I have a
problem (or 2, dunno). My unmodified TAPR Penny is putting out the expected
power level. Pennywhistle has been setup as per the manual. I am getting much
lower power levels than i should. Most bands give me between 400 and 600 mW,
10m gives me 1.5W. 6m gives less. Penny whistle draws a maximum of about 2A
on 10M. My aimless fiddling with gain and drive levels in powersdr gave some
small improvements but nothing significant. Any attempt to run the PA
calibration routines results in powersdr throwing a wobbly over invalid
calculated gain. I am transmitting via Alex into a Bird 82C dummy load
(overkill I know)
	Any ideas you can give me to get my HPSDR system up and running properly on
Tx would be much appreciated by this frustrated numpty :-).

73 de Geoff vk2tfg.