[hpsdr] Mercury not receiving signals - need help!

w5th at pcmatthew.com w5th at pcmatthew.com
Mon Nov 21 16:23:41 PST 2011

I am just getting my system up and running but having issues with PowerSDR

I downloaded all of the PowerSDR files files from:
svn://svn.openhpsdr.org/svn/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/branches/kd5tfd/PennyMerge

I Updated all the firmware from:
svn://svn.openhpsdr.org/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/USBBlaster-Binaries

Note the Altera Quartus II software is now at V11.1 so the .bat files
needed to be edited again however, I was able upgrade Penelope to 1.6 and
Mercury to 3.1 successfully.

When I check PowerSDR for firmware status I get Ozy at 18 (FX2 20090524),
Merc at 31 & Pen at 16.  the PennyMerge directory does not include a v2.1
.rbf file for Ozy so I downloaded one from:
svn://svn.openhpsdr.org/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Ozy_V2.1
and placed it in the PennyMerge directory but it would not load and I
received an error (Ozy >=16 Pen >=12 Merc >=27).

LED status on Ozy is steady D2,D5,D6,D7,D8, D12 & D9-flash
LED status on Mercury is steady D3,D8 & D9-flash, D10-flash

Penelope pulled out at this point to debug the system 10MHz now enabled on
Merc.

Do I have the correct files? should I be using a different version of
PowerSDR?

Any suggestions would be most welcome as my wife wants this off the dining
room table before Thursday!

Tom
W5TH