[hpsdr] U.S. Postal Service Track & Confirm email Restoration

Georg Prinz getpri at t-online.de
Tue Nov 22 07:49:56 PST 2011

Hello John,

after a 3 months journey the Alex package arrived today (11/22/11) at my
home in Germany. Why everything was redirected to TAPR the first time, I
am not able to clarify. Fact is, that the german carrier (Deutsche Post
DHL which takes over the service in Germany from USPS) didn't informe me
the first time that the parcel was deposited at the customs.

For future packages from US to Germany I recommend following procedure:

1. The invoice shall be attached to the outside of the package. The
carrier will be able to clear customs. They do not open the package.
Therefore the invoice inside the package isn't enough.

2. The merchandise number for radio amateur equipment in Germany is 8517
6990 90 0. It shall be noted on the invoice.

3. The amount for membership/ renewal shall be on a separate invoice not
included in the package! Otherwise we have to pay tax (EUST) for it.

4. The member discount shall be mentioned in a separate letter not on
the invoice. Otherwise we have to pay tax for it according german law.

Nevertheless, I thank you and all the participants in this project for
the extraordinary performance and patience.

Best Regards

Georg, dl2kp