[hpsdr] ozy/janus as soundcard for digital modes

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Fri Nov 4 04:07:11 PDT 2011

What you described is exactly what I am seeing, and why I was confused by
the panadapter display in PowerSDR. Well, that and the fact the PowerSDR
doesn't let you shift the frequency with just Janus/Ozy selected so you
cannot get to the part of the signal being passed by the filters in the
radio. If I tell it there is a Softrock (I have one) and plug in the TS-480
I can get to the radio signal.

So, when you refer to a Windows driver, are you talking about just Windows
code or do you think the Janus firmware would also need work? What
capabilities in addition to those currently in place would you envision?
I've never written a Windows driver but I did do a SCSI driver for SVR4 back
in the dark ages.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
N4IK