[hpsdr] penny/pennywhistle

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 6 10:11:39 PST 2011

Geoff:

After thinking about it, I have devised a test for T2.

Remove it from the board.

Then try to operate the power amplifier.

If T2 was the problem, then the amplifier will operate
at about 60 percent of rated power, which is a lot better than
the "almost nothing" you are getting out right now.
The DC power to the drains will still be supplied through
the primary of the T3.

Then, when you put T2 (rewired) back into the circuit ...

If it is wired correctly, the output power will go up.
If wired incorrectly, the output power will go down.

But the amplifier will partially/mostly work without T2
present.  If you want full power and linearity, then it needs
to be there.

--- Graham / KE9H

==