[hpsdr] Latest FPGA code

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Nov 13 11:23:30 PST 2011

Dave,

Thanks for your message to the reflector.  As I noted in my email
message to you yesterday informing you of this situation, describing
it for you, and saying that I am currently investigating this issue it
is at the moment not conclusive that the problem is with the new
firmware as the firmware works fine with all of my versions of
PowerSDR with Metis or Ozy whether they are operated as multiple
receivers on a single Mercury or multiple Mercury boards.

Further, the SYNC bytes you mention that are not found by your program
are actually present in all the buffers received and displayed by your
server program even when your server program doesn't find them.  They
simply are not the leading bytes in the buffers as they should be.

Of course, it may turn out that there is an issue with the firmware or
the issue may turn out to be with the ghpsdr3 server code instead,
perhaps incorrect information is being passed to Metis from your
server program.  Incorrect control & command bytes would explain Dave
KV0S's observation about the central peak that doesn't move when
frequency is changed.  The frequency information is passed via the C&C
bytes of course and if there's a problem there the additional
receivers will not be updated properly with correct frequency
information.

Now that I have your program to work with, in addition to my PowerSDR
versions, I'm sure we can discover the culprit that's causing this
issue.

More on this later as we track it down.

73,  Joe K5SO