[hpsdr] Hermes & Multiple Mercury Boards

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sun Nov 13 12:48:53 PST 2011

Hi Gordon,

Yours is a question that has come up several times before and while,
of course, anything is possible to do if you work hard enough toward
achieving the goal, frankly, the Hermes configuration is not conducive
to doing diversity reception so the formal answer to your question is
likely to be "no", as that's not what Hermes was designed to do.  The
Hermes designers may want to comment further on it.

The diversity issue has to do with using a single clock source for all
receivers so that they are all coherent with each other.  Regardless
of the initial Hermes design goals, I'm sure there will be at least be
some kind of an effort by someone (perhaps me if no one else cares to
take up the challenge) to examine the possibilities once Hermes
becomes available.   We'll simply have to take a hard look at what
might be possible to do with it after it comes out.

73,  Joe K5SO