[hpsdr] PowerSDR Doesn't Run

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Thu Nov 24 20:52:41 PST 2011

I just built my first HPSDR system, and successfully loaded the latest
firmware into Metis, Mercury, and PennyLane, using HPSDRProgrammer. Then
following the instructions in the QuickStart guide for PowerSDR Windows,
I downloaded the kd5ftd/PennyMerge version and ran it.

The program runs through the one-time optimization, and then stops
working, with the following error message details

Stopped working

Problem signature:
   Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
   Problem Signature 01:    powersdr.exe
   Problem Signature 02:    1.10.4.0
   Problem Signature 03:    4d4a37f7
   Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
   Problem Signature 05:    2.0.0.0
   Problem Signature 06:    4e154c6c
   Problem Signature 07:    41bf
   Problem Signature 08:    a3
   Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.IOException
   OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
   Locale ID:    1033

This happens any time I try to run it. I can actually start running
through the PowerSDR Wizard despite the warning from Windows that it
stopped working. But as soon as I close the Windows error dialog,
PowerSDR then stops working. I tried another version of PowerSDR from
the repo, from the k6jca folder, with the same results.

I'm running Windows7 64-bit Home Edition OS. Is this OS not supported,
or am I missing something?

-Mark K4XML