[hpsdr] PowerSDR Doesn't Run

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Thu Nov 24 23:16:30 PST 2011

Phil,

Thanks for your help. BTW I sent the previous message off list
inadvertently.

So libusb0.dll is included in the PennyMerge bin dir in the repo,
presumably an unsigned version. I replaced it in my PowerSDR directory
with the presumably signed version from the zip file downloaded from the
HPSDR downloads page. I also copied libusb0.sys, libusb0_x64.dll, and
libusb0_x64.sys from the zip file into the PowerSDR directory. After
doing this I still get the same exception on startup.

If I leave the error dialog alone and proceed with PowerSDR operation,
it works and I get signals. But when I close the Windows error dialog,
PowerSDR exits immediately. So I think I just need to figure out what's
causing the interface error on startup. I checked the permissions of the
libusb files, and there's no problem there. I also tried running
PowerSDR as admin and in various compatibility modes.

Probably OBE given the above, but to answer your question, Metis is
connected directly to the PC, with Metis and the Metis-connected
Ethernet interface on a separate subnet from the subnet used on a
different interface for Internet connection. The setup dialog still
shows all zeros for Metis IP and MAC addresses, however.

-Mark K4XML