[hpsdr] Mercury update to V3.0 failed with Metis

Werner Hlawatschek dl2ja at yahoo.de
Sun Oct 2 03:38:25 PDT 2011

Hi All

Preconditions: Two identical HPSDR sets (Atlas, Mercury, Penelope, Metis, all boards TAPR).WinXP pro.

Wanted upgrade with latest soft/firmware for Alex use. All worked fine beside ONE Mercury. Update ended with time out failure
Erasing Flash ... (takes several seconds)
>> > Error: erase timeout - power cycle and try again?. Swapping boards, trying different Atlas boards with 2 and 3 slots from Gerd, rebooting and other despair actions ;) like reinstalling programmer downloading RBF's etc. without success.

The only way to bring the Mercury board back to life was with Ozy and Altera 8.1. What is the knife's edge of the Mercury board? Never had this kind of problem in the past.

73, Werner, DL2JA

Big thanks to all involved in the HPSDR project, you made my days...