[hpsdr] ozy/janus as soundcard for digital modes

Stephen West-Fisher steve at coastaldatasystems.com
Mon Oct 31 13:23:03 PDT 2011

I have finally gotten (figuratively) off my rear and started putting some
things together. At this point I have Atlas, Ozy, Janus and LPU up and
running. I'm trying to think of something useful to do with them while I
build Penelope and collect the cash for Mercury. I actually did get the
board for Mercury, but it looks like it is cheaper to buy a built one rather
than get the parts to populate the board (if you can find all the parts).

I was thinking of connecting up my TS-480 inputs and outputs to Janus, and
using it as the A/D converter. The concept is not completely off base, by
plugging in and running PowerSDR I do get results. I also configured VAC and
MixW can copy - but I don't trust the frequency because I'm not sure what
PowerSDR is doing (if anything) to the AF which could be throwing off what
displays in MixW. I have the CAT on MixW talking directly to the TS-480. I
have been unsuccessful configuring a transmission, I can get the TS-480 to
go into transmit but have no audio.

Although I am an applications programmer I haven't yet looked at the
PowerSDR code, so I don't know if it would be fairly easy to pull the
Ozy/Janus code to build something that would work between them and MixW. I'm
also not concerned by just needing to run PowerSDR if I can get the
configuration to do what I want.

Anybody have any clues that might help deciding on a direction?

--

Stephen West-Fisher

N4IK