[hpsdr] solid state push pull amplifiers

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 10 17:30:58 PDT 2011

hi All,
Somewhere in my pile of application notes I read you should put a common mode choke on the coax cable going into an an unbalanced to balanced transformer to help force a good balance. I have seen this slight unbalanced condition in push pull amplifiers. My 1200 watt Erb Teck amp has these common mode beads. This is an MRI amplifier where performance is an issue. A friend just discovered this in his class d rig and fixed it with some coax wound on a core. Any imbalance would put RF current on a cable shield between stages.  Frank WA1GFZ