[hpsdr] PowerSDR v2.2.3.dual_Mercury1 (K5SO 25SEP2011), Metis board not detected

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Sep 27 06:06:05 PDT 2011

Hi Ted,

First, keep in mind that the dual_Mercury1 program is a modification
of Doug W5WC's PowerSDR v2.2.3 program.

Before running the dual Mercury program you should be able to run
Doug's program.  If you can't do that, the dual_Mercury1 program won't
run either.  It sounds like your problem is not with anything to do
with my dual_Mercury program but rather that you aren't able to run
the basic PowerSDR v2.2.3 program from which it derives, right?

  If I correctly understand what you're saying,  you are unable to run
ANY PowerSDR program on your XP machine with the Metis interface; thus
we need to get you up and running with Metis on the XP first, then the
problem you're having with PowerSDR v2.2.3 will likely disappear.

Perhaps one of the Metis gurus can help us get you set up with the
proper installations.  I happen to have .NET Framework SDK v1.1
installed on my machine.  I don't know if you need that, in
particular, but I imagine that you are missing one such install or a
critical driver perhaps.  I imagine, hearing your report, that you
also are not able to run HPSDRProgrammer either on your XP machine
with Metis, right?

Rather than me stubble around with numerous suggestions for Ted to
try, can anyone help us with a suggestion for Ted on getting his Metis
interface problem straightened out?

73,  Joe K5SO