[hpsdr] PowerSDR v2.2.3.dual_Mercury1 (K5SO 25SEP2011), Metis board not detected

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Tue Sep 27 15:19:40 PDT 2011

Joe, et al:

There is a problem with PowerSDR in that is CANNOT discover a Metis on a
'second' adapter in many cases.  It is true for me that I cannot use
PowerSDR if my Metis is connected via the second adapter on my computer.

This is one of the things that I fixed in KISS so that KISS can connect to
(and find) a Metis regardless of which ethernet adapter it is connected to.

Perhaps Bill can take the code that I wrote in C# and change how he detects
Metis boards so that all the derived PowerSDR versions can detect a Metis
regardless of which Ethernet adaper is used.

Otherwise, I'd advise the user to change ethernet ports, as I suspect this
is likely the problem.  Try KISS Konsole Unified and if it works, then
PowerSDR needs to have 'code improvements' so that it works better for the
general population.

73,
George K9TRV