[hpsdr] ghpsdr 0.5 and PTT

tbruns tbruns at mocha42.com
Tue Sep 27 19:35:15 PDT 2011

Greetings,

I just wired up a mic to connect to the 1/8" jact on Pennylane. Using
ghpsdr 0.5 (r2122) when I key PTT I get:

vfoTransmit: 1

and when I unkey I get

vfoTransmit: 0

in the terminal window, but Pennylane doesn't actually key up. When I
click on the MOX button in ghpsdr I get the same behavior in the
terminal window and Pennylane switches to transmit as expected. If I hit
the MOX button I do get transmit audio regardless of the state of PTT.

Ghpsdr reports:

   Mercury Software version: 29 (0x1D)
   Penelope Software version: 13 (0xD)
   Ozy Software version: 10 (0xA)

(though I'm actually using Mercury, Pennylane and Metis). OS is Ubuntu
10.10.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is the expected
behavior.

73 Tom KC5L