[hpsdr] Hpsdr Digest, Vol 67, Issue 31

Al K0VM al.k0vm at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 14:42:38 PDT 2011

Latency growth problems are not unique to HPSDR versions of PowerSDR but
have been an unrecognized problem with the Flex versions of PowerSDR
also..    It acts like there is 'FiFO' or 'ring' buffer in PowerSDR that
can get longer as time goes on.   I have seen it grow to 2-3 seconds in
length.  The latency seems to grow in jumps concurrent with
overflow/under flows reported by the VAC program although the latency
growth can be observed even if the VAC program is not involved.

Just my observations... FWIW

AL, K0VM