[hpsdr] Beam Steering

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 29 17:54:04 PDT 2011

hi All,
I got Joe's latest software working tonight and tried a couple tests with my 40 meter delta loops. First with each Mercury on a loop I measured WTIC at about -50 dBM to the west.
Then I put the comapss on east and drove to a null close to -77 dBM. My spacing I guessed around 6.5 meters. I then moved the compass to the west and only got -60 dBM.
Then I went back to the east and changed reference receivers to get back to around -50 dBM.  So to me it looks like the null process hurts the direction you want to hear if you use the compass. I wonder if it is my process or is there a software issue. Anybody else see this or is it me. The antennas are pretty close. I also got to null with the other RX thinking maybe I was backwards and got the same effect.
Also I don't have the tunable notch filter button lit up and have not been able to select the right skins. I have the files in the right directory so I'm missing a step.
Joe the null works as well as the first program. frank