[hpsdr] New HPSDRProgrammer with Gerd´s Mercury

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Sat Sep 3 06:30:27 PDT 2011

Hi Maximo,

No, the standard HPSDR Mercury firmware will not work on the non-HPSDR
Mercury-EU card unless the firmware has been re-compiled using the -EU
FPGA pin assignments instead of the -TAPR pin assignments.  You can
load it but it won't run unless you use the correct version of
firmware (i.e., firmware compiled for -EU boards, not compiled for -
TAPR boards).

FYI, the Verilog code between the two types of firmware is the same.
Only the pin assignments specified at compile time make the difference
between the two.

73,  Joe K5SO