[hpsdr] On the air with Alex + Question...

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Mon Sep 5 14:50:43 PDT 2011

I see a few mW when I switch the meter drop down to reflected power but
only 0mW with the  Forward power selection.

I'm pretty sure the connector between Penny and Mercury is correctly
oriented: on the Penny side, the black connector is positioned with the
black wire closest to the front edge of the board and the yellow and
green away from the edge.  On the Mercury side, the white connector is
pushed into the slot with the black wire topmost.

Thanks for the suggestions for voltage measurements; is it equivalent to
measure the voltages on the DB25 on Penny as indicated in the Alex
manual (Pin 20 Fwd, Pin 7 Refl) ?  How about measuring on the back of
Alex on J2? -- either of these are a bit easier to access.

BTW, the firmware levels are:

Metis: 1.4
Mercury 3.0
Penny: 1.4