[hpsdr] Mercury Spurious Emissions

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Sun Sep 11 19:56:24 PDT 2011

I probably would be sticking my foot in my mouth here with my lack of
knowledge (because Wikipedia is never wrong!), but how close is Pandora
getting here to being a faraday cage?

I can't really comment because I run on batteries (currently) and so the
only thing tying me to the ground is the sheath on the other side of a coax
cable, but I haven't seen any comment anywhere that bolting a strong earth
ground to pandora is reducing such "non-antenna emissions" like I would have
thought / hoped for.

If Pandora was functioning as a shield here then the focus here would be the
"leaks" from the box, for instance antenna sheaths (as has already been
commented), ventilation holes too long, lack of custom-machined slot
backplates, etc...